Live Media Camera Operators
TLC is seeking volunteer camera operators responsible in operating pro HD video cameras for live internet streaming and recorded mediacasts of services and other activities at the church. Skills in video production and video composition are beneficial, but not required. Training will be available.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
● Operates cameras during live and pre-produced recorded mediacasts.
● Compose and frame shots, applying the technical aspects of manual camera focus, iris and zoom controls (although typically will be in auto-mode) and camera settings to achieve the effects sought by director.
● Confers with TLC staff and other volunteers to discuss sequences, desired effects, camera movements and lighting requirements.
● Sets up and performs shots for mediacasts.
● Sets up cameras and related equipment.
● Performs other duties as requested.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The volunteer will be required to stand for the duration of a church service; panning and tilting a video camera on a tripod and operating the focus, iris, and zoom controls, sometimes simultaneously. The volunteer will use a 2-way radio headset to communicate with other media volunteers.
This position requires the volunteer to stand, walk, sit, hear, speak and comprehend the English language. Ability to lift and or transfer 25 lbs required.
Are you interested?