It's a pdf that will need to be downloaded and printed
for you to complete and turn-in.
Confirmation and More for 2019-2020
From Ben Cherland, Youth & Family Minister
Hello Transfiguration Confirmation Families!
I just wanted to touch base with you and get your gears turning as we look toward the start of the coming year. Confirmation is right around the corner and I’m very excited for the year ahead.
You’ll notice that I’ve attached the Registration/Permission form. Please get this to me as soon as you’re able. These forms and the Confirmation registration fee* are due no later than September 11th.
Some dates you will want on your calendar include these
- Wednesday September 4 ~ 7th Grade Student/Family and SGL Welcome & Orientation
- Wednesday September 11 ~ 7-9th Grade Confirmation begins (Parent meeting 7-8 p.m.)
- Saturday-Sunday, November 2-3 ~ Transfiguration All Youth Retreat at Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter MN.
- Saturday – Sunday, February 1-2, 2020 ~ All Youth Lock In! You’ll be hearing more about this early in the new year.
The Wednesday Night Schedule for Confirmation starting September 11th is as follows:
- (Optional) Dinner starting at 5:30
- Worship 6:30
- Confirmation Small Groups 7:00 – 8:00
- Peer Ministry 8:00 – 9:00
Families are strongly encouraged to participate fully the first two Wednesday nights and throughout the year. If you are not thinking that dinner will be a regular thing for you at church, please consider the Confirmation time-slot 6:30-8:00.
Peer Ministers! We didn’t forget you!
There is a High School PTA forming to help us plan and organize a fun schedule of activities throughout the year. But we need your input! All of you keep an eye out for a post card with a lot of this info on it. Let me know if you have any questions.
Peace to you all!
(*See the note on the bottom of the registration page of the attached document concerning the registration fee, scholarships, etc.)
TLC Youth & Family Ministry sits at the heart of who we are as a church. We seek to live out the identity into which we’re drawn by the love of God proclaimed over us in baptism. We live out our identities as baptized children of God by:
● Showing up!
● Worshiping as a community
● Learning and listening
● Asking hard and honest questions
● Having fun
● Growing in love for ourselves, one another and GodBen Cherland, TLC Youth & Family MinisterEmail: email@example.comPhone: 952-884-2364 Ext. 12