COVID Response Update: Re-Opening the Church
RESULTS OF THE AUGUST 6, 2020 SURVEY (open for input 8-6-20 thru 8-10-20)
Many thanks to all who filled out the survey last week (August 6 thru August 10). It provided crucial feedback in helping the Covid Response Team make a recommendation to Council at the August meeting this past Tuesday regarding re-opening of the church building. You may read the recommendation below which was adopted unanimously by Council. The full responses to the survey follow.
To briefly summarize, the current recommendation is to continue to dedicate efforts to maintaining high quality online worship offerings, including regular outdoor worship. Necessary training of staff and volunteers will begin in September to prepare for eventual in-person worship. The earliest possible date being considered for public, in-person worship is October 25. This is subject to change. Sunday School, Confirmation and High School ministry is being planned in consultation with families and will begin in October, probably with a combination of online and outdoor offerings, weather permitting.
I am incredibly grateful to the ongoing extraordinary work of the dedicated TLC Staff, who continue to tend to their duties in very unusual circumstances and to the TLC Church Council who are highly engaged and wrestling deeply with the challenges and blessings of tending to the health of the community in these times. Also, my sincere gratitude goes to the Covid Response Team led by Pete Erickson and Jeanine Brown who will continue to work on planning and implementing our response as we move forward into the fall.
We miss you. We miss gathering in person. We trust one another to God’s daily provision and care.
May the Almighty God bless and keep you this and every day,
Survey DATA Answers
Survey TEXT Responses
TLC is closed to all visitors unless by appointment. It's important that we maintain this rule during the pandemic crisis. Spontaneous visiting, regardless of well-meaning intentions, may cause complications in the church environment or compromise the health of church staff or ELC staff and children, and vice-versa. Any questions or concerns, please contact the TLC office at 952-884-2364 or: firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 Response Update for TLC - July 1, 2020 Update
- The church building remains closed to gatherings of any size due to the ongoing essential service ministry of the Early Learning Center.
- Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis for funerals, weddings and baptisms. Contact a pastor directly to discuss.
- Individual access to the building requires prior approval from a staff member, mandatory mask and social distancing protocols.
- Outdoor gatherings are permitted. Please bring your own lawn chairs. Bathrooms are not available. Masks are recommended.
- A Covid Leadership Team is being formed to consider the safe expansion of building use.
- Prayers are highly recommended and sincerely requested as together we seek to adapt and “be the church” in new and vital ways in these ever changing times.
While in-person gatherings remain on hold, active ministry continues in a wide variety of forms. The church truly is not a building!
Small groups and ministry teams that have met or are meeting during this time include:
- Church Council – Zoom
- TLC Walkers - Outdoors
- Stewardship Team – Outdoors
- Strategy Team - Zoom
- Racial Justice Team - Zoom
- Men’s Golf League – Dwan Golf Course (New location)
- TLC Staff – Zoom
- Mission and Outreach Team – Zoom
- Families with Small Children – in driveways and neighborhoods
- RIC Ally Team – Zoom
- Men’s Beer/Bible Group – Zoom
- Stephen Ministry Team – Zoom
- Worship Planning Team – Zoom
- Pastoral Care Team – Zoom
- New - Intern Pastor Grace’s Bible Study – Zoom
- Confirmation Small Groups – Zoom
- Peer Ministers and High Schoolers – Zoom
- Financial Team – Zoom
- K3P3 knitters – Parking Lot
- Library Team – Zoom
- Property Committee - Zoom
- TLC Faith, Fact, and Fiction Book Club - Zoom
- TLC Woodwinds - Google Duo
- TLC Handbells - Zoom
- TLC Chancel Choir - Zoom
- New - TLC Garden Group – Outdoors (Church gardens and landscaping)
- Addiction Awareness Team – Zoom
- Welcoming Diversity Team – Parking Lot
- Dad’s Support Group – Zoom
- Women’s Café Group – Zoom, Text, Parking Lot
- Boundary Waters Planning – Zoom
- Pastoral Visits – Driveways by request
Please let us know if you are interested in connecting with other TLC’ers in any of the ways listed above, or let us know if you have an idea for safely gathering that we can help you put into action.
Also, if you know of an active group that is not listed above, please let us know and we will add to the list!