COVID-19 Response Update for TLC - July 1, 2020 Update
- The church building remains closed to gatherings of any size due to the ongoing essential service ministry of the Early Learning Center.
- Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis for funerals, weddings and baptisms. Contact a pastor directly to discuss.
- Individual access to the building requires prior approval from a staff member, mandatory mask and social distancing protocols.
- Outdoor gatherings are permitted. Please bring your own lawn chairs. Bathrooms are not available. Masks are recommended.
- A Covid Leadership Team is being formed to consider the safe expansion of building use.
- Prayers are highly recommended and sincerely requested as together we seek to adapt and “be the church” in new and vital ways in these ever changing times.
While in-person gatherings remain on hold, active ministry continues in a wide variety of forms. The church truly is not a building!
Small groups and ministry teams that have met or are meeting during this time include:
- Church Council – Zoom
- Stewardship Team – Outdoors
- Men’s Golf League – Dwan Golf Course (New location)
- TLC Staff – Zoom
- Mission and Outreach Team – Zoom
- Families with Small Children – in driveways and neighborhoods
- RIC Ally Team – Zoom
- Men’s Beer/Bible Group – Zoom
- Stephen Ministry Team – Zoom
- Worship Planning Team – Zoom
- Pastoral Care Team – Zoom
- New - Intern Pastor Grace’s Bible Study – Zoom
- Confirmation Small Groups – Zoom
- Peer Ministers and High Schoolers – Zoom
- Financial Team – Zoom
- K3P3 knitters – Parking Lot
- Library Team – Zoom
- Property Committee - Zoom
- TLC Faith, Fact, and Fiction Book Club - Zoom
- TLC Woodwinds - Google Duo
- TLC Handbells - Zoom
- TLC Chancel Choir - Zoom
- New - TLC Garden Group – Outdoors (Church gardens and landscaping)
- Addiction Awareness Team – Zoom
- Welcoming Diversity Team – Parking Lot
- Dad’s Support Group – Zoom
- Women’s Café Group – Zoom, Text, Parking Lot
- Boundary Waters Planning – Zoom
- Pastoral Visits – Driveways by request
Please let us know if you are interested in connecting with other TLC’ers in any of the ways listed above, or let us know if you have an idea for safely gathering that we can help you put into action.
Also, if you know of an active group that is not listed above, please let us know and we will add to the list!